Flood Support Technician
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Fire and Flood Support Technician based in Warwickshire. The successful candidate will earn £19,500 to £22,500 depending on experience.
You will carry out the work mainly during daytime weekday hours which are typically Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5 pm but there will be some weekend and evening work occasionally.
Most jobs will involve a good deal of buildings strip out work, in all areas of domestic and commercial buildings, plus the setting up of drying regimes so good DIY skills are necessary as well as some building knowledge but not essential.
- The job can be physically demanding so you need to be fit and be able to work comfortably in confined space (attics, solum’s etc). Some heavy lifting will also be required.
- Good people skills to liaise with customers/loss adjusters/builders/insurance companies/policyholders etc.
- You will be expected to use your own initiative but be able to follow procedures and have awareness of health and safety and you will be doing risk assessments daily to ensure own, and others, health and safety.
- Asbestos removal qualification for non-Licensed work would be an advantage, but not essential as this training will also be provided.
- Flood Restoration Projects – Attending water damaged properties and completing mitigation works such as stripping out properties, extraction of water and uplifting saturated carpets and floorings.
- Following this you will be doing tasks such as moving furniture & contents, planning and installation of the correct drying regime, cleaning and decontaminating certain properties which have suffered serious flooding.
- You will learn about drying of properties as a large proportion of our work is the correct drying of properties.
- Fire clean up and restoration – all aspects of structural and contents cleaning.
- Portable appliance testing (full training offered and cost covered by the company).
- Asbestos sampling – external training delivered either face to face or via Zoom.
- Packing & removal of contents to various storage locations.
- Ensure van is equipped, clean and serviced according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
Established in 1987, our client has gone from humble beginnings to becoming the leading supplier in their industry. They are part of a franchised operation being one of 55 branches, they have been trading for 11 years and have grown from strength to strength.
Due to vast expansion, this exciting position has become available.
Our clients are a disaster recovery and specialist cleaning service who boast a wide range of customers.
The company have an industry-leading comprehensive internal training package coupled with many external courses. They send all staff members on from BDMA courses, asbestos removal to thermal imaging training.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company.
- To join a fantastic team.
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set.
- Use of a company van.
- Monthly mobile phone allowance.
- Private health care.
- Private pension with company contributions.
- Overtime opportunities.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button